Former watermill, now a small holiday complex, restored with great attention to detail using best quality materials. Situated in an idyllic and private setting beside a waterfall, the almost 13.000 m2 of land consists of riverside terraces and thickly wooded hillsides.
The property consists of the former mill house, part of which is now the owner's accommodation, plus 5 rental houses/apartments and separate staff accommodation.
The owner's accommodation, spread over two floors of the old mill house, comprises sitting room with wood burning stove, kitchen/diner, garden room with laundry area, 2 en-suite bedrooms and an office. Outside the accommodation is a beautiful private walled garden stocked with herbs, shrubs and flowers. To the rear of the garden is a 2 vehicle carport and a tool shed. The other wing of the mill house contains restored mill machinery and is arranged as a private bar and restaurant with a large cobbled terrace furnished with bar tables and chairs.
A single-storey studio style house with shower room and fully equipped kitchen. This house could be converted to further guest accommodation.
The Five Rental Properties
1) A beautiful restored two-storey house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs and a kitchen and 2 reception rooms downstairs, one of which has a wood burner, and outside a private walled terrace.
2) A newly built single-storey house, designed and equipped for disabled guests, with 2 bedrooms, a large shower room and combined sitting/dining/kitchen area. The house is entered through a private and enclosed terrace.
3) A newly built apartment with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms and large combined sitting/dining/kitchen area complete with wood burner. A terrace, with views over the waterfall, leads off the sitting area.
4) A newly built apartment with 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and large combined sitting/dining/kitchen area. The apartment is entered from a large covered terrace which also has views over the waterfall.
5) A newly built two-storey house with 1 bedroom and shower room at the lower level and the sitting/dining/kitchen area, complete with wood burner, on the upper level. The bedroom has an attractive balcony. The ground floor of the lower mill house is equipped as a gym, library and store room.
Outside there is a large kidney shaped swimming pool which is heated via a solar system. The land is a combination of steeply wooded hillsides and broad flat terraces planted to fruit trees including apricot, plum, peach, apple, cherry, pear and medlar, and an organic vegetable garden. One of the terraces borders the mill stream and offers a wonderfully relaxing area in which to lay in a hammock in the shade of mature trees. The land is extremely private and is not overlooked by any other property.
Water is supplied by a private well and three-phase electricity is connected but there is also a solar system which powers all of the lights. A modern septic tank is installed, as are a telephone line and broadband internet. The property is being sold as a going concern with the rental houses fully furnished and equipped, forward bookings, web-site, literature etc. Etc. Access to the property is via a broad track, in good condition, approximately 1.8 kms long.
Situated approximately 2 kms from the nearest small town with all basic facilities, the historic city of Granada can be reached in one hour, ski-ing in the Sierra Nevada in 90 mins, Malaga and the airport in 75 mins and the lake at Iznajar in under half an hour.